Biology department has 7 members of staff and a laboratory technician.The department exists to increase students interest in biology related courses for Kenyas biotechnological development.We strive to achieve this by continuously building the capacity of teachers on effective pedagogy in biology education.Improved teaching, that is learner centred, increases interest amongst students and hence effective learning of biological principles, concepts and their applications to real life situations.
Aligning the wishbone with the backbone
Our general objectives
• To provide quality training in skills development of biology teachers for effective teaching and learning
• To enhance the capacity of teachers to be innovative in developing teaching and learning resources.
• To build teachers capacity on ICT integration in teaching and learning
Efficiency and effectiveness
Our Core functions
• Conducting research on classroom instruction to inform training content
• Development of needs based training materials
• Quality control of training materials
• Development of teaching and learning resources
• Conducting training .
• Monitoring and evaluation of training
• Compiling training report
Contact Departmental Dean
Contacts: Centre Of Mathematics, Science And Technology Education In Africa (CEMASTEA)
TEL+254-20-2044406; +254-70-6722697; +254-78-9797648