Chemistry department serves CEMASTEA to achieve its purpose in strengthening mathematics and science education by developing INSET content for Chemistry teachers in secondary education and primary science in the Kenya and other African countries. Currently the department has team of 11 National Trainers, headed by a Dean of Studies. The laboratory Technician is in-charge of the laboratory section of the department.
A leading department in teacher capacity development
To transform teaching by continuously developing competencies for Chemisty teachers for effective curriculum delivery and improved quality education.
Core Functions of the Department
The department offers training programmes for capacity development of teachers in Kenya and other African countries.
Other related functions include
• Developing of teaching and learning materials
• Facilitation of National INSET and workshops for various education stakeholders
• Monitoring and evaluation of INSET activities
• Conducting research on innovative teaching and learning practices
• Participating in conferences, seminars and science trade fairs
Timeliness, Professionalism, teamwork, integrity and efficiency
Contact Departmental Dean
Contacts: Centre Of Mathematics, Science And Technology Education In Africa (CEMASTEA)
TEL+254-20-2044406; +254-70-6722697; +254-78-9797648