Mathematics department was formally established in 1998 at the inception of the Strengthening of Mathematics and Science in Secondary Education (SMASSE) project. It has since been offering In-Service Training and Education for mathematics educators in Kenya and the other African countries.
A department of excellence in teacher capacity development in mathematics.
To transform teaching of mathematics by continuously developing competences for effective curriculum delivery and improved quality of mathematics education.
Mathematics department Motto
Lets Change Mathematics classroom-LCM
Core Functions of the Department
• Conducting research in mathematics education
• Development of teaching and learning training materials
• Conducting training
• Monitoring and evaluation of INSETs and Workshops
• Report-writing on training activities
• Quality-control of district, regional and cluster write-ups
Contact Department Dean
Contact Departmental Dean
Nancy W. Nui
Contacts: Centre Of Mathematics, Science And Technology Education In Africa (CEMASTEA)
TEL+254-20-2044406; +254-70-6722697; +254-78-9797648